Once in a while, in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale!!
My Fairytale Lake Como Wedding, is finally time to share with you my special day. I can’t believe the time has finally come to share the best moments of our Fairytale Lake Como Wedding taken place in Italy last year September 2018. As I am going through over 3 thousand of pictures that my photographer send me is hard to decide which one to post. I was waiting patiently for this day to come and finally, I can share with you the most beautiful moments of Fairytale Lake Como Wedding in Italy, 2018 that my husband and I shared with our family and close friends.
Today my husband and I met five years ago. It feels fantastic to find someone you can spend the rest of your life with and have a dream wedding. I always knew I wanted to marry abroad. After my husband popped the question, France and Italy were my dream destination wedding places. My whole family lives back in Europe and getting married somewhere close to them made more sense to us. I was searching for a venue in the South of France, and I couldn’t find anything within our budget.
As I was running out of time, I decided to visit my sister back in Munich and travel with them to Italy in search of a venue.
Munich being five hours drive from Lake Como made it easy to check a few villas within a day. Lake Como has many beautiful areas and Villas to have a dream wedding. Planning your BIG DAY from overseas isn’t always easy. I wanted a venue that looked like a summer residence for all of us. I wanted our guest to be happy and enjoy themselves. Our place was entirely beyond words. It’s sublime.
We decided to have a small wedding with our families including a few of our best friends. My photographer calls it a “boutique wedding.” We didn’t feel having a large wedding; we wanted an intimate, romantic wedding. The size of our wedding was 45 including us — guests from Japan, Canada, England, Germany and Albania.
We loved getting married in Lake Como; it turned out beautiful. A fairytale dream as everybody calls it. Hey, we had the best world, we had our wedding in Italy and our honeymoon in the South of France 🙂
We started getting ready at 11 am. Even though being too tired from the rehearsal dinner the night before we had the best of times sipping bubbles and dancing away in the terrace. Five bridesmaids, three of them being my sisters, and two of my girlfriends from Vancouver. I started to plan my wedding in February and wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted something simple and elegant, feminine yet nothing over the top. My colour theme was gold and blush and curated by me with the help of my planner Sandra at Rosa Aqua Destination weddings.
What Bridesmaids & I Wore
I wore two dresses and two pairs of shoes!
- Ceremony dress was from Berta, a dream come true. The slim fitting column silhouette offers a look of timeless romance and modern allure. With the plunging neckline and bareback the dress give me that wow factor -classic and timeless shape.
- Reception dress Miriam’s Bride. It reminded me of a fairytale princess. I saw the dress on Instagram and fell in love.
- Veil custom made by YourHeirloomVeil
- All Bridesmaid dresses by Jenny Yoo Collection. The perfect colour and shape for my girls. The dresses have a variety of necklines, and you can wear it differently.
- To get ready myself and my all-girls wore bridesmaid robes from BHLDN.
- Pink Robes by Sweet November
- Wedding bands from Vancouver Diamonds.
- Shoes are by Bella Belle. The bride shoes are all hand-beaded from start to finish, sexy and feminine for any bride-to-be. Worth every penny.
- Cake by Qualcosa di Dolce
- Florist Barbara Botta Fiori
- Wedding Invitation Minted Collection
- Hair & Makeup Laura Volpini
- Hybrid set Eyes lashes done at The Spa by IVANKA TRUMP™ at the Trump Vancouver Hotel before I left for the trip. To receive 15% off you can use the code AURELA on your next visit if you are looking to have your lashes done and live or visiting Vancouver! They have the best service and the spa merely stunning.
Special thanks to the Villa Sola Cabiatti and Hotel Tremezzo for hosting us. A truly magical place.
Special thanks to my photographer Semineh for capturing my special day! Very talented photographer and I glad I was able to find her on Instagram. Check her website and her IG account to see all her weddings.
The most beautiful weeding I have ever seen! It’s truly like a fairytale! Congrats to both of you and may you live a life full of health and happiness xo xo
Thank you so much, Genta! Much love x
Wow These images are stunning!
Your wedding was definitely the highlight of my first Europe trip.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part aof your special day !!
Thank you for being part of it, you all looked gorgeous x
So Beautiful Photos and your Dresses were stunning:)
I am in Love with your Wedding:)
Love Kisses Karina
Wow!!! Is this for real?! This is soo beautiful and perfect. Definitely a fairytale. Loved the dress, the venue, the shoes, everything. Every single detail is perfect! Congrats to the newly weds<3
The most beautiful dreamy wedding babe! Congratulations to both of you! Adore every detail about your wedding!!! Thanks for sharing such a memorable day!
Xx ? Gina
What is the name of the venue/ hotel you were in? 🙂 So stunning!
Comments are closed.