Last week it was my birthday, and I have had a grand week birthday celebration with my friends and my husband. I had dinner with my husband in Vancouver on Friday and Saturday & Sunday we spent it at the beach house in Point Roberts boating with friends who couldn’t make it to dinner. It was a beautiful birthday celebration with friends that I haven’t seen for a while and be able to relax and have fun with them. I turned 44 years old last Sunday. I was so overwhelmed with all the comments and DM on my Instagram when I relived my real age. Honestly, I was never one of those women who don’t say their age. To me, age is just a number, and I embrace getting older. However, with age, I learnt a few things and mistakes I would never do at my age now. Below sharing my five style mistakes, I wouldn’t do!
My weekend outfits at the beach house and boating with friends.
Style Mistakes I would never do
Today I wanted to share a few things about me I would never do when it comes to my styling takes. As Parisian style lover and simplicity, these are a few things I would never wear:
- 1- I would never wear too high sky-high heels, I wear Louboutin on a special occasion but never striper looking type of shoes. Instead, I opt for a classic style, always pointy to make me look taller or square; lately, I been crushing over the new Bottega Veneta Chain-embellished mesh pumps
- 2 – I would never wear a push-up bra, I go bare or bralette which is sexier than a push-up bra. Small breast is way more sensual in my opinion, and I would never enhance my chest either regardless if I had money or not.
- 3 – I would never wear nude pantyhose. They are the hideous things in Fashion. Instead, wear black tights if you have to wear them. I would love to get this fall season a pair of Gucci tights.
- 4 – I would never stop working out, eating healthy and taking care of my skin. I use Japanese skincare products, which I believe they work wonder on my skin. I would never wear heavy makeup unless it is an extraordinary occasion. Even then, I opt for light coverage or mineral powder. I would hate my skin to look caked with foundation. I don’t feel myself in heavy makeup. Opt for a tinted moisturizer that would leave your skin fresh.
- 5 – When I dress up, I won’t look too done up. As a Vancouver stylist, I like to keep accessories to minimal and try to look effortless without trying too hard. I wear suits or a simple dresses with sandals or sneakers during the day for meetings or errands to look stylish without looking overdressed. Below are a few pieces from Mango that are chic to wear anywhere, work or play.